AV editors will be required to produce quality videos on a consistent basis. Videos will include game reviews, footage from press conferences and interviews.
Writers are encouraged to be self motivated and to take ownership of their stories. Writers will be assigned articles and reviews from time to time.
Producers will need excellent communications and organizational skills. You will be required to contact guests, schedule recordings, transfer files, get coffee… I JK… about the transferring files part!
What will qualify you?
- A voice! At GamerIndepth Staff meetings we talk, sometimes yell at each other, and we wouldn’t want you to feel left out
- Good grammar, you will be making a lot of posts and sending tons of PM’s
- A positive, problem solving attitude
- The ability to be a team-player with an outsized sense of fun
- The ability to successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- A passion for games and or comics and their respective industries
- A deep understanding of the web and industry trends
- A basic understanding of HTML and the ability to post on a Wordpress blog.
- A thick skin or the ablility to take criticism.
What’s in it for you?
- Money?… hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha… sorry my ha button got stuck. In all seriousness though, no one on staff here is getting paid YET. We are exploring options to start bringing in more revenue and one day we hope to put all our staff on a payroll.
- A “gamerindepth.com” email address, one that publishers and developers, for some strange reason, tend reply to.
- We all work hard here and you will be in association of hard workers that have respect for each other across all social networks.
- GamerIndepth is invited to most industry related Conferences and Expos, all of which with Media credentials. If you need any assistance qualifying for any Press event… we know people.
- Despite popular belief GI is not a fan site, it’s a real website. So yeah, if you’re looking for a career in the Video Game Industry, you can put this on your resume or job application. It’s legit, people have left GamerIndepth for bigger and better industry related positions.
- You can keep all review items that you are assigned to review.
To apply send a resume, links to your work, or bio of yourself to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’.